If you have been injured in an accident through the negligence of someone else you may need a personal injury attorney. You could be confused by questions from insurance companies, law enforcement and doctors. Your best option for getting a financial settlement is to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. He or she will deal with the insurance companies and all the paperwork required getting you the compensation you deserve.
There are several different kinds of personal injury. Indiana has a statute of limitations of two years on personal injury lawsuits. Some of the most common are:
• Medical malpractice by a doctor, nurse, healthcare provider in a hospital or nursing home
• Toxic exposure at work or in a hospital, laboratory or other place
• Slip and fall on a commercial or private property
• Automobile accident
• Dog bites if the owner had previous knowledge that the dog was aggressive
• Liable and slander that cause a person to suffer injury to his or her reputation because of untrue statements
• Intentional injury such as a being harmed by another person
Some of the ways Indianapolis attorneys can help are:
• Assessing your claim to determine if you should pursue legal action. They will know if you should accept a settlement or go to court.
• Most personal injury lawyers in Indianapolis will not accept a fee unless they win your case. There may be some fees you need to pay for doctor’s review of your medical records or being interviewed.
• Your attorney will handle all the complicated legal procedures including the paperwork. You’ll just need to provide the pertinent documents related to your injury.
• If needed, your attorney will use an investigative team to examine the technical aspects of your case.
• Your personal injury lawyer will be able to deal quickly and effectively with the defendant’s lawyer. If you are making a claim against a large insurance company, you’ll be well represented with an experienced attorney.
In the situation you need to go to court, getting help from a trusted attorney in Indianapolis is essential. You’ll be zealously represented in court and get the best possible verdict. Your lawyer will plan a legal strategy that is designed to get you all of the compensation you deserve.
(Personal Injury Claims: When You Need a Lawyer, nolo.com)
(Reasons to Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney, injury.findlaw.com)